Art and Music and some Yoga
1. Join Ines Khai – live music performance - presented by An Táin Arts Centre takes place on 8pm on Fri 28th Aug. Live from her home, Ines Khai plays music from her Caribbean Blues repertoire, mixing songs from her first albums along with newer songs from her latest album “Pitit a Lanmè” (Child of the sea), released earlier this year. Ines’s music tells stories about crossing oceans, memories of ancestors and hope for a better future. Her vocal range and unique guitar style will seduce your senses. Enjoy!
LINK TO WATCH BACK NOW
2. Carlingford Heritage Centre continue to host their online concert series on Sunday 30th August at 7pm and can be viewed through links on the Carlingford Heritage Centre Facebook page. As the annual summer series now running for over 10 years had to be cancelled due to Covid 19 restrictions, an online series of concerts and interviews will be streamed on our Facebook page instead. Linking up with Duncairn Arts Centre, Belfast this joint performance features Cathie Ryan, Emma Langford, and The Four of Us.
Link to Facebook page
3. Droichead Arts Centre - Strand 2 of CONNECTION
Book your visit - timeslots available from Saturday 29th August - CLICK HERE TO BOOK TIMESLOT
Strand 2 of our CONNECTION project features bespoke posters created by the 11 Borrowed Ground visual artists. Today we're highlighting PAPA SPROUT by @LauraGramzow. You can visit our gallery and see all 11 great posters.
4. Lunchtime Yoga in Highlanes Gallery, Drogheda
Lose yourself.... Mindfulness among the paintings with six Yoga sessions from September 17th
5. Tune into RTE 1 at 8.15pm on Saturday 29th August for ‘Shine’ Concert
The summer of 2020 is like no other. For musicians and the arts community, there has been a loss of connection with audiences. At summer draws to a close, RTÉ continues the commitment it has shown to artists throughout the pandemic and brings performers together to play for all of us. Airing on RTÉ One on Saturday 29 August, Shine is a magical hour of music and words filmed at the Iveagh Gardens, the National Concert Hall and at RTÉ over a couple of summer days.
Shine - RTÉ One, Saturday, 29th August at 8.15 pm
Shine On - available on RTÉ Player from Saturday 29th August at 9.30 pm
Shine - RTÉ Radio 1, Sunday, 30th August at 6 pm