Your new and improved online library system is ready!
We have introduced a new online library system with improved functionality and a fresh look.
The new system has many improved features.
- Logging into your library account, and managing your reserves, reading lists and contact information is much easier.
- The catalogue is easier to use and has images and recommendations as well as themed bookshelves and links to useful resources.
- You can now find, borrow and reserve eBooks and eAudiobooks as well as physical books in one searchable catalogue.
- You can renew your library membership online for the first time.
- The new system has a new look and works great on mobile phones and tablets.
The first time you log in to the new system you will be asked to reset your PIN. This is because your PIN is encrypted and private to you so it could not be transferred to the new system.
Please note that we are working through some teething issues as we introduce this new system. Items you have reserved from other locations may appear on your account as available for pick-up when they are still in-transit. Contact your local branch to ensure your item has arrived.
Please be aware that users of our eServices will need to change their PIN in order the access these e-resources. You can do this by clicking 'Forgot Your PIN?' at https://louth.spydus.ie/
Users with expired memberships should contact their local branch to renew their account for the time-being as this function is currently unavailable on the new online system.
The Louth Libraries App is currently in the process of migrating to this new system and reservations are currently unavailable via the App.
Libraries-Ireland-Privacy-Statement.pdf (size 404.6 KB)