1. The 2021 Guidelines for Housing Authorities in the Implementation of Minimum Standards is available here
2. Registration of the Tenancy with the Residential Tenancies Board www.rtb.ie
3. Requirement for the provision of a Rent Book
4. If property is a non-principle residence of a landlord it must be registered at www.nppr.ie
The attached table contains the current properties where a Prohibition Notice applies Prohibition Notice.
The Private Rented Inspection (PRI) section of Louth County Council carry out inspections of rented properties. You can contact us at PRISection@louthcoco.ie
COVID 19 UPDATE - JANUARY 2022
In the light of the recent increase in Covid-19 cases, it is requested that landlords and tenants comply with the following safety measures to allow inspections to take place:
- It is imperative that accommodation is thoroughly cleaned before an inspection is carried out.
- A COVID 19 questionnaire will need to be completed prior to the arrival of the inspector at the property. Please ensure that the Private Rental Inspection (PRI) Section has the correct contact number for landlord, tenant (and agent if applicable) and are available by phone on the morning of the inspection to complete this questionnaire.
- The landlord (or a nominated contact) shall be present at the property for the duration of the inspection. This is to limit the number of persons present at the property during inspection.
- All windows and doors within the property should be in the open position a minimum of 15mins prior to inspectors’ arrival to facilitate adequate ventilation of the property.
- The property shall be vacant whilst the inspection is being undertaken. We ask that the tenants relocate away from the area being inspected - this is to minimise the number of persons within the property and facilitate social distancing in internal spaces.
- Please be advised that inspectors will wear face coverings. It is requested that those present shall also wear a suitable face covering, ensuring that the nose and mouth are covered for the duration of the inspection.
- Please exercise social distancing throughout the inspection process.