Housing Grants

If you are a private home owner the Housing Authority provides funding for the following grants;

Housing Adaptation Grants (HAGS)

where works are required to facilitate any special needs. Works considered under this grant include extensions typcially bedroom/bathroom, adaptations to facilitate wheelchair access , stair lifts, ramps. Please refer to Application Form  for further details.

Mobility Aid Grants (MAGS) 

where minor adaptations or aids to a property. Grants considered under this scheme include grab rails, access ramps, level access showers and stair lifts.

Please refer to application form for further details.

Housing Aid for Older People (HOPS) 

where urgent remedial works are required to privately owned properties. Works considered under this grant include structural repairs and improvements , repair of windows and doors, upgrading heating system rewiring subject to inspection and criteria. Applicants must be over 66 years of age.

Please refer to Application form for further information and explanation. 

All HAGs and MAGs are subject to means testing based on gross household income and will be prioritised on the medical need of the applicant.

All HOP grants are subject to means testing on gross household income and all applicants should be over 66 years of age.

For further details please see Application Form below:

Improvement Works In lieu of Local Authority Housing

Under his scheme, Louth County Council may improve or extend a privately owned house to eliminate defects or to provide additional accommodation where this is necessary to eliminate over crowding or to accommodate a person not at present residing in the house. To qualify, you must be an approved applicant on the housing waiting list and the carrying out of the works must satisfy your housing need and result in your removal from the housing waiting list.

The scheme can also be availed of if you are a Local Authority tenant or tenant purchaser, or a a tenant for more than one year of a house provided by a voluntary housing body under the Rental Subsidiary Scheme, and you return your present house and move to private rented accommodation. Persons benefitting under the Scheme are required to pay the Local Authority a weekly or monthly charge related to their means and the cost of the works carried out by the Local Authority.