The Community Activities Fund is funded by the Department of Rural and Community Development and will be administered through the LCDC and the Community section of Louth County Council.
The Community Activities Fund (CAF) provides funding to locally based community and voluntary groups in disadvantaged urban and rural areas across Co. Louth. The funding is targeted towards enhancing community facilities for individuals and communities that are impacted by disadvantage as identified in the Local Economic Community Plan. Louth County Council has been allocated €291,084.00.
- Fund to provide small grants for community groups impacted by the Pandemic
- Facilities such as community centres, men’s and women’s sheds, parish halls and youth centres to be supported
- Small grants for non-pay operating costs, insurance bills, repairs and renovations, new equipment and safety upgrades
- Targeted at disadvantaged urban and rural areas.
- Projects that seek to enhance community, address disadvantage and improve social cohesion at local level.
The following provides a non-exhaustive list of projects that could receive funding under the programme:
- Development/renovation of community centres
- Community amenities
- Development of youth clubs or facilities
- Development of sports/recreation facilities
- Improvements to town parks and common areas and spaces
- CCTV equipment
- Public realm improvements
- Development of play/recreation spaces
- Energy efficiency type projects
- Purchase of equipment
- Adaptations or equipment needed as a result of COVID-19
- Maintenance of premises
- Utility Bills (electricity costs, refuse charges, heating charges)
- Operating costs (eg existing rental/lease costs, insurance bills)
- Website Maintenance
- Audit & Accountancy fees
To ensure appropriate monitoring and governance, the Department is stating that only operating/running costs related to this period are eligible - 1st July 2021 to 30th June 2022.
Applications should be returned to Community Activities Fund, Community Section, Louth County Council, Millennium Centre, Dundalk, Co. Louth, A91 KFW6 or by email to CAF2022@louthcoco.ie.
English version with full details of the programme click here. Irish version of the programme click here
English version of the Application Form click here
Irish version of the Application Form click here
The closing date for receipt of applications is 4pm on Friday 25th February 2022.