All applicants seeking their proposal to be considered under the scheme, must ensure it is submitted on the official Application Form and on or before the specified closing date/time.
The application may be accompanied by supporting documentation including photographs (before/after), drawings, etc.
Assistance may be financial and/or advisory, under the scheme.
The assistance to be given by Louth County Council to any particular project proposal/activity will have regard to the following:
- the resources of the Local Authority
- the number and extent of applications received
- the level of voluntary contributions
- the number of persons involved and
- the overall effect/impact of the proposal/activity on its immediate environment.
Groups wishing to be considered for assistance under the scheme must:
- (a) Formulate a detailed plan for the particular proposed project/ activity.
- (b) Specify the type of assistance required from Louth County Council.
- (c) Specify the type and extent of sponsorship/fundraising/grants from other sources available to the group.
- (d) Indicate the time scale involved in implementing and completing the proposal.
- (e) Include in proposals how to maintain the proposed project or activity once completed.
- (f) Keep and submit to Louth County Council all expenditure receipts, upon request.
- (g) Hold and submit an up to date tax registration or tax clearance certificate, to Louth County Council.
Grants will normally be paid in two parts, however in certain cases, grant instalments may be paid, as deemed appropriate, as the proposed work proceeds.
Groups are required to retain all receipts, related to your proposal expenditure, should they be required to submit for inspection.
This is to comply with the governance requirement of the NOAC Public Spending Code which requires us to provide due diligence on all of our grant expenditure.