Check the Register – Louth County Council
2nd November, 2021: The Draft Register of Electors 2022-2023 was published on the 1st November 2021. The Draft Register for Louth provides for 94,864 voters and allows them to vote in any election or referendum held between 1st February 2022 and 31st January 2023. A high quality Register of Electors is essential for the successful operation of the electoral system. It is vital that Louth County Council, the Registration Authority, tries to achieve the highest possible degree of accuracy and comprehensiveness in compiling the Register. On foot of various mailouts to electors a considerable amount of amendments, including deletions were carried out since the publication of the Live Register in February 2021.
We strongly encourage members of the public to view their details on www.checktheregister.ie in the first instance.
Hard copies of the Draft Register are also available to inspect at:
- Louth County Council, County Hall, Dundalk, Co. Louth.
- Townhall, Crowe Street, Dundalk, Co. Louth.
- Drogheda Civic Offices, Fair Street, Drogheda, Co. Louth.
- Ardee Civic Offices, Fairgreen, Ardee, Co. Louth.
- Dundalk Library, Roden Place, Dundalk, A91 RC44.
- Drogheda Library, Stockwell Lane, Drogheda, A92 PY20.
- Dundalk Post Office, 95 Clanbrassil Street, Dundalk, Co. Louth.
- Drogheda Post Office, 32 West Street, Drogheda, Co. Louth.
- Dundalk Garda Station, The Crescent, Dundalk, Co. Louth.
- Drogheda Garda Station, Fr Connolly Way, Drogheda, Co. Louth.
If there are additional persons in the household or persons who will have turned 18 years of age by 15th February 2022 they should now be included on the register. Likewise, if other persons no longer reside at the dwelling they should be removed from that address.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions there was a limited door to door enquiry process and it is therefore vital that households take the opportunity to www.checktheregister.ie to ensure the accuracy of same.
Following the publication of the Draft Register any person may submit a claim to have a correction made to their details, including a claim to have their name added to, or deleted from the Register. In this instance please complete an RFA1 form and send it to The Franchise Section, Louth County Council, County Hall, Dundalk, Co. Louth, A91 KFW6 on or before 25th November 2021
Alternatively, please visit our website at www.louthcoco.ie/en/services/electoral-register to make a claim to be added to the Live Register 2022-2023 and again these claims must be lodged before 25th November 2021.
If you have any queries on this matter, please email us at email@example.com